With Valentine’s Day right around the corner and interest in vegan food and fashion skyrocketing in India – which already boasts the lowest rate of meat consumption in the world –PETA India scoured the market for the Top 10 Animal-Friendly Valentine’s Day Gifts, all available online for shopping during lockdown:
- Vegan Milk Chocolates by Piperleaf – These vegan chocolates have the rich taste and smoothness of cocoa, along with vitamins E and K.
- Vegan Ice Creams by The Brooklyn Creamery – Indulge in these tasty vegan ice creams from the comfort of your home.
- Coffee Mood Gift Kit by mCaffeine – With a face wash, face scrub, and body scrub made without animal-derived ingredients, this gender-neutral self-care kit will perk up anyone’s mood.
- Perfumes by Plum – Plum’s scentsual perfumes are available in scents that range from floral to beachy, contain no animal-derived ingredients, and are never tested on animals.
- Neutrois Mask by Bloni – Give safety a chic spin with Bloni’s vegan leather face masks, lined with 100% cotton velvet that’s both durable and easily washable.
- Faux Leather Belts by Ethik – These chic reversible belts are not just stylish but also kind to cows, no matter how your Valentine wears them!
- The Eye Shadow and Original Pink Lip and Cheek Tint by Daughter Earth – This shimmery eyeshadow and coordinating lip and cheek tint are vegan, cruelty-free, and infused with all-natural, good-for-your-skin botanicals.
- Vegan Footwear by Monkstory – With this stylish, leather-free range of footwear, you can look killer without killing animals.
- Brown Rucksack by The Alternate – With a chocolate-brown vegan leather exterior and organised interior, this bag is as stylish as it is practical.
- Pinatex Sling bag by A Big Indian Story – This bright silver sling bag pairs perfectly with practically any outfit, and since it’s made from pineapple leaves, it’s both animal- and eco-friendly.
Vegan Valentine’s Day gifts show some love to animals, too. Cruelty-free cosmetics spare rabbits and other animals the agony of being caged and tormented in laboratories; vegan treats spare cows, chickens, and other animals miserable lives in the meat, egg, and dairy industries; vegan ice creams let cows keep their milk for their babies (calves); and vegan fashion spares cows and buffaloes being beaten and skinned for leather.