Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park
- The food that had been given to the animals, such as the porcupines, was exposed to the rain and sun.
- The bears’ retiring cubicle was too small and did not provide privacy.
- The leopard was kept alone and displayed stereotypical neurotic behaviour. There were no platforms for him to perch on.
- The peacock enclosure was bare and cluttered with debris.
- The stream running through the zoo was filled with trash.
- One group of tigers was kept in small cages that were placed behind the white tiger enclosure. The two groups of tigers seemed agitated by each other’s presence.
- There was inadequate mental and physical enrichment.
- There is inadequate mental and physical enrichment.