She’s helped you through heaps of headaches and heartaches, and you can always count on her to be there for you any day of the year. So this Mother’s Day, show your love for your mother – and for animals – by surprising her with one of the following thoughtful and animal-friendly gifts:
- Vegan Silk Saree: Wrap your mom in comfort and style with an exquisite vegan silk or classic cotton saree from compassionate designers and retailers, including Shubam Sarees, and Ghatkopar Cloth Stores. The best thing about giving your mom a cruelty-free outfit (besides her joy in receiving it) is that you won’t be contributing to the sad fate of approximately 50,000 silkworms who are boiled or gassed to death just to make one silk saree.
- Self-Care Fare: Moms rarely have time for self-care, but you can help yours feel special by showering her with all-natural vegan hair and skin care products from Arata. Plum has “be-YOU-tiful” animal test–free and vegan beauty products, and the brand’s smudge-proof lipstick is so fabulous it screams “Mother’s Day present!”, without the cruelty.
- Use Your Common Scents: Perfume is a wonderful way to tell your mom that you appreciate her. All Good Scents offers a sophisticated line of high-quality cruelty-free fragrance combinations, such as Dewy Rose and Creamy Sandalwood, which are sure to remind her of you.
- Designer Bags and Accessories: She used to carry you around, but now that you’re grown up, give your mom an attractive accessory to carry, which is also kind to animals and the environment. Moon Rabbit, A Big Indian Story, and Zouk craft durable yet chic purses, wallets, laptop bags, and other modern accessories constructed from supple vegan leather instead of the skins of abused and murdered cows.
- Meatless Mother’s Day Meal: It’s your turn to feed mom! Cook her a healthy feast using flavourful vegan meats from Blue Tribe, GoodDot, Imagine Meats or Wakao Foods, along with out-of-this-world vegan cheeses from Bombay Cheese Company, Katharos, Live Yum, or Soft Spot, to show her that there’s no need to consume animals when vegan options abound. Seal the deal by serving her One Good, Pascati, or Piperleaf’s decadent vegan chocolates.
- Skin-Free Shoes: Fashion shouldn’t be fatal, and leather production is not only violent, it also destroys the environment. So forget shoes that once mooed – choose vegan shoes to help your mom reduce her carbon footprint, and look good doing it! PAIO and CAI make beautifully hand-crafted and innovative vegan footwear with styles everyone loves.
- Movie Night With Vegan Ice Cream: Treat your mom to a movie night at home and serve The Brooklyn Creamery’s insanely delicious vegan ice creams and ice cream bars. Remember, ditching dairy protects mother cows and their babies from the vicious and toxic dairy industry.
- Pamper Hamper: It’s her holiday, so pamper your mom with the gift that keeps on giving – a hamper full of scrumptious and guilt-free vegan chips, chocolate, crackers, cheeses, nut butters, and other delights from Greend. Or, you can make your own hamper for Mother’s Day by ordering supplies from Vegan Dukan, the one-stop (online) shop for vegan products that are good for moms, animals, and the planet. You can always check PETA’s list of cruelty-free companies while shopping.