It’s World Week for Water! Here are five fantastic ways that everyone can help save water and our planet.
1) Go vegan. White milk and cheese do not equal green. The dairy industry contributes to climate change, overuse of natural resources and massive water and air pollution.
2) Ditch leather. No one wants to wear a toxic soup of chemicals, but that’s exactly what you’ll find at leather tanneries, which use chemicals such as formaldehyde and coal-tar derivatives and cyanide-based finishes. It’s obvious that wearing dried-up animal skin is all dried up.
3) Post this fact on Facebook: A report by the United Nations confirms that a global shift to a vegan diet is vital to combat the worst effects of climate change.
4) Share this photo with your meat-eating friends:
Meat production requires so much water that you save more water by not eating one 16-ounce steak than you would by not showering for six months. So by going vegan, you can help save the Earth and still help keep it a pleasant-smelling place.
5) Shop cruelty-free. There are so many luscious body-care product lines out now that are made without harsh chemicals and without harsh animal tests that it’s easier than ever to be a green goddess. Check out PETA India’s’ guide for a list of cruelty-free companies.
Save Water, Save Earth!