Have you heard the news, Mumbaikars?! Vegans throughout the city are cashing in on major savings with PETA’s V-Card – India’s first-ever vegan rewards card, launched in association with Burrp!, which scores you a 10 per cent discount on Earth-friendly vegan food at participating restaurants. Check out all the places serving up the coolest and most compassionate cuisine in town:
- Birdsong Café: We can’t get enough of their black rice and mushroom risotto and gooey chocolate cake.
- Zen Café: Get your fix with some tasty hot chocolate and a green burrito.
- Bagel Shop: Start your day out right with a Cajun-spiced tofu-and-hummus bagel and soy cappuccino.
- Amore Gourmet Italian Gelato: Cows shouldn’t have to scream for your ice cream. Enjoy Amore’s extensive range of dairy-free sorbets!
- Bungalow 9: Their mixed vegetable dim sum and coconut ice cream will have you coming back for more.
- Corniche – At the Waterfront: We love the mezze platter and broccoli almond soup at this stunning location.
- Under The Banyan Tree: Don’t miss out on the roasted zucchini bruschetta and grilled corn and jalapeño quesadilla.
- C4 Chocolates: Your taste buds will burst with delight at these decadent vegan creations that include Dark Truffle, Roasted Almond, Chakora, Pralines and many more.
- The White Owl: Fly in for some luscious crispy tofu and pickled cucumber buns and Moroccan grilled verdura.
- Café Bean Garu: Swing by for a mushroom chilli dosa and herbal juice, and you won’t be sorry.
- Pishu’s: We are gaga over their strawberry soy milkshake and their burnt garlic and tofu pizza.
- Kombava Café: You’ll be in heaven when you try their summer rolls and Reunion Island curry.
- Ray’s Café &Pizzeria: We are die-hard fans of Ray’s Veganopoly sandwich and all-vegan burger.
- AOI: Japanese food has never tasted so good.
- Pizza by the Bay: You’ll be saying “mamma mia” over their signature vegan Mumbai masala pizza.
- Eat Around the Corner: Try the multi-grain sandwich with vegan mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado pulp and jalapeños.
- Bar + Grill – Waterstones Hotel: The artichoke, corn and olive cannelloni with spicy tomato sauce is irresistible.
- Le Pain Quotidien: Indulge in their mezze tartine with red beet caviar or the vegetable Stroganoff with herb rice.
- Trikaya: Spice things up with their peppery vegetables with tofu and exotic vegetables with cashew nuts and fresh red chili.
The city is your oyster (mushroom), vegan foodies. All you have to do in order to get hooked up with sensational savings on these and other tasty dishes is order your free PETA V-Card, choose where you’d like to feast and then simply present your V-Card when you place your order at the restaurant. Up to four people at your table will save cash and animals.
This delicious deal is only available until 30 April 2015 in Mumbai, so help us show these enticing eateries that the demand for vegan food is strong and rising by eating out often and thanking participating restaurants for offering tasty and healthy plant-based fare.