Loaded Bell Peppers
2 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, halved
1 cup water
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
1 fresh tomato, diced (optional)
3/4 cup instant brown rice
1/2 cup red wine or cooking wine
1 cup veggie burger crumbles
2 bell peppers, seeded, tops removed
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and water. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the bouillon cube and canned tomatoes and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, the rice and the wine. Simmer until the rice is almost done (adding water if necessary).
- Stir in the veggie burger crumbles. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic.
- Fill the bell peppers and place in the saucepan. Surround with the remaining sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, rearranging to prevent burning, until the peppers are tender and the rice is cooked, adding water if necessary.
Makes 2 servings