Sun-Dried Tomato Ziti
5 cups ziti pasta
20–30 sun-dried tomatoes
1 can large black pitted olives, chopped
2 1/2 Tbsp crumbled dried rosemary
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder (or 1–2 fresh garlic cloves)
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp parsley
• Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water until just tender.
• While the pasta is cooking, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in hot or boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft. Chop and place in a blender or food processor.
• Add the olives, rosemary, garlic powder and a few tablespoons of the olive oil and pulse until mixed but still chunky.
• Add the remaining oil and the salt and pepper and pulse until completely mixed, with small chunks of tomato and olive still visible.
• Drain the pasta and mix in the sauce. Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.
Makes 2 to 4 servings