For the Pasta:
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Water (as needed)
- Combine the flours with the water until a pliable and slightly sticky dough forms.
- Put in a bowl. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead and roll flat. Cut into desired shapes. Set aside.
For the Sauce:
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds or powdered mustard
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/8 cup lentils
3 cups water (or as needed)
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard, cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the turmeric, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, adding water if a lot evaporates.
3/4 cup vegetables of your choice
3/4 tsp raw red chilis
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
- Drop the prepared pasta and the vegetables into the sauce mixture. Add the raw red chilis, curry powder and salt. Cook for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes.
Makes 3 servings