2 October is the anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi. His birthday is also fittingly celebrated as the International Day of Non-Violence. In honour of the memory of the Father of the Nation, we bring you some of his most thought-provoking quotes.
- His take on the need for humans to show other animals compassion:
2. His view on the use of animals for experimentation:
3. His thoughts on consuming animals’ milk:
4. His perspective on the relationship between humans and other animals:
5. His reasons for being vegetarian:
Feeling inspired? Order your free vegetarian/vegan starter kit today: