Early-Career Scientist Travel Award for Advancing Non-Animal Science
PETA India will grant one travel award to an early-career researcher seeking to share their work and further contribute to the development and use of animal-free test methods. The travel award may be used for, but is not limited to, the following international events:
21–25 November 2022, Sitges (Barcelona), Spain
18–21 September 2022, Maastricht, The Netherlands
27–31 March 2022, San Diego, California, United States
- The award is for an early-career scientist who is active in the field of non-animal research. An early-career scientist is defined as any of the following: (1) a student working towards their PhD who has completed at least their second year of study; (2) a postdoctoral fellow; or (3) a researcher who completed a master’s, PhD, or postdoctoral programme less than two years ago.
- The conference must take place during 2022. If you are interested in travelling to a conference not listed above, please seek prior approval by e-mailing us at [email protected] before applying.
- Applicants must submit a poster or oral presentation for the conference.
- The winner must attend the entire conference, and the award is contingent on fulfilment of this requirement.
- The award is contingent on the applicant’s submission of a copy of a certificate of participation and a 250- to 500-word summary of key learning experiences from the event within three weeks following the event.
- Applications for the award must be submitted by 31 December 2021, and one winner will be selected in January 2022.
- The winner will be selected based on their CV and motivation letter as well as the scientific merits of their work to replace animal testing.
- The amount of the award will be based on the cost of travel and can cover registration fees, lodging, and/or flight up to Rs 1.5 lakh. Receipts are strictly required for reimbursement.
- All other expenses not noted above are the responsibility of the winner, including but not limited to meals, beverages, gratuities, incidentals, optional excursions, personal expenses, and travel insurance. The winner is responsible for obtaining and paying for any documents required to travel.
- In the event that the intended conference is cancelled or moved to be held virtually, the award may be cancelled or modified.
How to Apply
To apply for the award, please e-mail the following to [email protected] by 31 December 2021:
- Abstract and any other documents that have been or will be submitted to the conference
- Your CV
- A motivation letter of 500 words or fewer that includes: (a) the reason for your interest in attending the event; (b) your short- and long-term career goals and how the event will help you reach them; (c) how you will apply the information learned to replace animal testing; and (d) how you will share the information learned at the event with colleagues or other scientists
If you’re interested in joining our team of scientists advancing non-animal testing, apply here.