PETA India’s Director of Veterinary Affairs, Dr Manilal Valliyate, with his son Arvind
This 19 June, celebrate your most cherished bond in PETA style! We so want to make your papa feel special on Father’s Day that we’ve put together an awesome list of kind things that you could give to him as a gift. Since our brilliant campaigner Himani Shetty has worked really hard on coming up with these cool gift ideas, we’re pretty sure that all the daddies out there are going to just love them! Here you go:
- The old standby tie takes a whole new turn with stylish, silk-free neckwear from Allan Solly. No silkworms are boiled in their cocoons in order to produce polyester or rayon ties, which are available in all its stores in India.
- Thinking about a belt, wallet or new pair of kicks? The best leather-free shoes and accessories are available at Compassionate Avenue – a vegan shoe, wallet and belt retailer. (The company’s products are available at http://compassionavenue.com or via mail order.) You can also find great leather-free options at Baggit, Bata and Shoppers Stop.
- Top-shelf personal-care products are always a hit with Dad, and you can’t miss with the shaving cream, cologne, and other fine cruelty-free products from Avon, Lush, Body Shop and Clinique.
- For a great read, consider Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer, who wrote this compelling book after becoming a father and re-examining his diet. Eating Animals can be found at your nearest Crossword.
- If Dad likes chicken curry but you’re concerned about what all that fat and cholesterol is doing to his heart, order a bunch of vegan chicken-style strips from Fry’s Vegetarian. Cook these strips to perfection and watch Dad enjoy a cruelty-free snack that is far better for his health! Pick up a packet from Nature’s Basket.
So, go on and celebrate Father’s Day remembering what Himani says: “Humans aren’t the only animals who have dads, so why not give animals a break on Father’s Day too?”
Oh! Don’t forget to let us know how you will you celebrate this splendid day by dropping us a comment here!