A PETA India undercover investigation reveals filth, disease and cruelty in India's fishing industry.
Watch the video that exposes the cruelty and suffering that go into every piece of leather, fur, wool, and exotic skin that you wear, then ask yourself and everyone you know, "Whose skin are you in?"
Here at PETA India, we're not much for rules. However, there are certain times in life when rules are necessary – such as when they help you win contests. So read the following and get to entering (and keep in mind that we have the right to alter these rules at any time).
Note: If you're under 18, please make sure that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these terms before you submit photos, text or other content or information to PETA India.
1. Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null and void. PETA India will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries. PETA India is not responsible for entries that are sent to but not received by PETA India for any reason.
2. All winners will be notified of their win via e-mail. If the prize value is under 2400 INR, the prize will be mailed automatically to the address that the winner entered in the contest form. If the prize value is more than 2400 INR, the winner must first respond to the notification e-mail within five (5) business days to claim the prize. Failure to respond within five (5) business days shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize, and another winner will be chosen.
3. Only one entry per e-mail address will be considered for contest entry unless the contest announcement specifically says that multiple entries are allowed.
4. All photos, drawings, text and any other content or information (collectively and severally called "Materials") that you submit to PETA India shall become the sole and exclusive property of PETA India, and PETA India shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or others any Materials. PETA India may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created – throughout the world and for any purpose – without compensation to you of any kind.
5. By submitting Materials to PETA India, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to PETA India free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
6. You acknowledge and agree that PETA India shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any Materials that you submit.
7. You acknowledge and agree that PETA India may make Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that you submit to PETA India. By submitting Materials to PETA India, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Materials.
8. You agree to hold PETA India and its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against – and hereby waive any right to pursue – any claims of any nature that arise in connection with PETA India's use of the Materials submitted to PETA India and used in any manner in PETA India's sole and absolute discretion.
9. Contests that involve evaluations of Materials submitted as part of the contest will be judged entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of PETA India. Decisions made by PETA India are final.
10. All entrants and winners must be at least 13 years of age unless otherwise stated or posted.
11. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred.
12. Neither PETA India nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury or any other claims incurred as a result of any winner's use of a prize. PETA India is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by PETA India.
13. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, PETA India in its sole and absolute discretion may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
14. Contests are null and void in any jurisdiction where they are prohibited by law.
15. PETA India reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate any contest at any time without prior notice.
16. By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to that contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
17. The following criteria apply:
18. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the contest.
19. Except in the case of contests in which winners are selected as outlined in clause 18(c), each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced. Winners of contests run in accordance with clause 18(c) will be announced the day the action is completed. A list of winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped (first-class postage) envelope to PETA India and requesting the list.
20. PETA India reserves the right to condition the award of prizes upon the execution by the winner(s) of a publicity release. Notwithstanding this reserved right, entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant for PETA India to use the entrant's name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner to publicize the contest and otherwise, as determined by PETA India, unless prohibited by law.
21. PETA India reserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
Site Tools: Accessibility | Site Map | Subscribe to E-News | Copyright © 2013 PETA India | Read Our Full Policy.
International Sites: | PETA Asia-Pacific | 亚洲善待动物组织 | PETA Latino | Animal Rahat
Navigation: Home | Features | Blog | Donate Now | Action Centre | The Issues | Media Centre | About PETA