Diwali is around the corner, and you know what that means: good food and presents! Check out the animal-friendly gift and celebration ideas below that will delight everyone on your list.
- Get personal: Personalise your Diwali wishes with a handmade card, or send PETA India’s super-cute animal-friendly e-card.
- A scentsational gift: Bring a smile to a special someone’s face with OMVED‘s handcrafted vegan soaps (blended with pure essential oils), soy wax candles, aromatic massage oils, and other indulgent spa-worthy treats. Aromatic essential oils, candles, and intense sticks from Kama Ayurveda will help create a festive mood. Check out cruelty-free body washes, scented soaps, and other products from Plum Goodness and the other companies mentioned on PETA’s “Don’t Test” list.
- Diva-worthy diyas and home essentials: A hand-spun, hand-painted diya will light up anyone’s life. Look for beeswax-free diyas in a variety of shapes and vivid colours at your local market or online. The Kanpur-based company Kanpur FlowerCycling Pvt Ltd, which makes biodegradable animal-free leather from discarded temple flowers, has some wonderful fragrant Diwali gift options – check them out.
- Personal-care items: Shopping for a girl or a guy? You can never go wrong with a good care package! Check out our favourite cruelty-free beauty brands, including The Nature’s Co, Kama Ayurveda, Forest Essentials, Daughter Earth, Plum Goodness, Star Struck, and Disguise Cosmetics.
- Bags, wallets, and keychains: Need to keep track of loose change, gift cards, or keys? Pick up faux-leather wallets, purses, vegan bags, or designer key chains from Ecowings. Cruelty-free fashion never goes out of style.
- Shoes: You can get a comfortable pair from Kanabis, Maia Shoes India, Colour Me Mad, or JUJU by Jyoti Sardar.
- A sweet treat: No Diwali celebration would be complete without yummy vegan sweets. We love Amore Gourmet Italian Gelato’s vegan sorbets, which come in fresh flavours, such as fig, guava, papaya, and chocolate (our favourite). Be sure to check out Sofit soy milk in a variety of yummy flavours, including chocolate and kesar pista. Use Goodmylk‘s variety of non-dairy yummy milk options to make desserts, or try delectable versions from Nutriva. If you’re hosting your own celebration, be sure to include animal-friendly Rich’s Whip Topping. This luscious dairy-free whipped topping will make your homemade vegan sweets that much more delicious. Readymade vegan ice cream is available from White Cub. It can be found in Godrej Nature’s freezers. Papacream, which won one of PETA India’s 2019 vegan food awards, offers mouth-watering vegan ice cream flavours.
Don’t forget to check out these recipes for delicious vegan Diwali sweets.
Here’s a bonus recipe to get you started. Happy Diwali, everyone!Send Diwali E-Card