Spinach Pasta With Vegan Cashew ‘Cream’ Sauce
1 cup uncooked whole-wheat penne pasta
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 Tbsp cashews
1 handful almonds
50 g tofu
5-6 cloves garlic
1 handful peppercorns
1 small onion, chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
100 g broccoli or other vegetable of your choice
Salt, to taste
200 g spinach, blanched and chopped
Chilli flakes, to taste
- Cook the penne according to the package directions, then set aside.
- Combine the poppy seeds, cashews, almonds, tofu, garlic, peppercorns, and onion in a food processor or blender and blend until a smooth paste is formed. (Add water, if necessary, to reach the desired consistency.)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and cook until tender, then season with salt.
- Add the cashew sauce and spinach and continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the chilli flakes, to taste, if desired.
- Add the cooked penne and mix until well combined. Serve hot.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes