Creamy Coconut Pudding Kheer
½ cup basmati rice
1 ¼ cups water
1 cup coconut milk
½ cup coconut milk creamer
¾ cup turbinado brown sugar
¼ cup cardamom seeds + pinch of cardamom powder
1 drop of rose essence
¼ cup finely chopped pistachios
- Combine rice and water. In a medium, thick-bottomed saucepan
- Cook on low heat until the rice is done, about 25 minutes
- Add coconut milk, creamer and brown sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cardamom seeds and powder and continue cooking, until the mixture becomes thick about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add more rose essence
- Serve warm or chilled garnished with chopped pistachios