College is all about exploring new ideas and learning to make a difference in the world around you, but with classes, homework, exams, and extracurricular activities piling up, the things you care about most – like helping animals – sometimes get shoved to the bottom of the heap. But it doesn’t have to be that way! You can help animals, have fun, and gain valuable experience, no matter how little time or money you have. All it takes are:
Once you’ve got all that, you’re ready to start creating a buzz about animal rights on your campus. PETA Youth put together these fun and easy ideas to get you started:
1. Chalk sidewalks or blackboards with animal-friendly messages, email email@example.com before you do. Check out www.petaindia.com to get inspired by our campaigns and lift slogans from our stickers and ads. Don’t worry, unlike your Lit prof, we encourage you to copy our stuff!
2. Wear your heart on your sleeve (literally). Pick up a plain t-shirt, some markers and fabric paints, and design your own animal rights tee. Need inspiration? Contact us for some cool ideas.
3. Leave PETA’s Vegetarian/Vegan Starter Kit and flyers in the canteen, the gym, coffee shops and other places you visit. Just ask, and we’ll send you a stack of ‘em.
4. Hang animal rights flyers in the common room and on notice boards in departments and classrooms. We know you are resourceful and can get it done!
5. Write an article about the cruelty of leather, the importance of buying only cruelty-free cosmetics or another animal issue for your college magazine or newspaper. Do your research and make it gripping! Bonus: Getting your name in print totally looks good on a résumé.
6. Deck out your spare notebooks and folders by stencilling them with pro-animal slogans, PETA stickers or your own artwork and leave them around for some lucky folks to find.
7. Whenever you use a college computer, leave a PETA India investigation video playing before you walk away. Visit PETA India’s official YouTube page for tons of eye opening videos. If your college computer settings block YouTube, fear not, we can send you the vids on DVD.
8. Say it with banners. Hang pro-animal banners wherever they’re allowed. Get permission if you have to. The more visible the spot, the better.
9. Plaster your bag with PETA Youth badges and stickers. Why haven’t you done this already?
10. Sell vegan food. Snag some tasty recipes (vegan cookies, anyone?) and set up a small table at a busy spot on campus. You’ll introduce your fellow students to some nom-tastic vegan food and make a few bucks. You could even donate the proceeds to your favourite animal rights organisation.
11. Grab your buddies and host an information table at college events, festivals or concerts. We’ll partner with you, send you all the materials you need and show you how to grab people’s attention and basically be a total rock star for animals.
However you choose to speak up for animals, we’re here for you every step of the way. We’ll help you get people thinking about animal rights at your college and make sure you ace animal advocacy!
Posted by Erika-G
Site Tools: Accessibility | Site Map | Subscribe to E-News | Copyright © 2014 PETA India | Read Our Full Policy.
International Sites: | PETA Asia-Pacific | 亚洲善待动物组织 | PETA Latino | Animal Rahat
Navigation: Home | Features | Blog | Donate Now | Action Centre | The Issues | Media Centre | About PETA