These policies do not extend to external sites (excluding other PETA websites) which may be linked from our site. Please check with these companies and sites for their policies regarding data privacy, including the use of “cookies”.
Note: If you are under 18, please make sure that your parent or guardian has read and agreed to these terms before you use this site.
Why does PETA India ask for my information?
In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personal information. This could be in connection with any one or a combination of the following:
- Making or renewing a donation online
- Sending personalised faxes or e-mail messages when participating in action alerts
- Registering for PETA India’s activist networks
- Participating in contests, surveys, petitions, information pack requests and giveaways
- Subscribing to PETA India’s e-news lists
What information does PETA India collect?
We do not collect personal information from our visitors other than what is supplied to us on a voluntary basis.
How does PETA India use the information gathered from the above sources?
We use your information to send you details about our campaigns, events, activities, local volunteer opportunities, alerts and membership and renewal appeals.
PETA India also uses information gathered via our websites to improve our Web-based campaigns. PETA India performs statistical analyses of aggregate user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of various areas on our websites. We use such information to improve our websites’ abilities to serve you better.
How does PETA India use the materials that I submit?
- All photos, text and other content or information submitted by you to PETA India shall become the property of PETA India, and PETA India shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to you or other people any photos or information so submitted.
- You understand that because PETA India becomes the owner of all photos, text and other content or information submitted by you, PETA India and its officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, modify, publish, prepare derivative works of and otherwise make use of the submitted photos, text and other content or information in any and all media – whether now known or hereinafter created – throughout the world and for any purpose, without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting any photo, text or other content or information to PETA India, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo, text or other content or information does not infringe on any copyright or trademark, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person or any other right of any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to transfer the photo, text or other content or information to PETA India free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that PETA India shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo, text or content or other information submitted by you.
- You further understand and intend that any photo, text and other content or information submitted by you to PETA India may be available for viewing, rating, reviewing and commenting by the public. You understand that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo, text or other content or information that you submit to PETA India. By submitting any photo, text or other content or information to PETA India, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such photo, text or other content or information submitted by you to PETA India.
- You hereby agree to hold PETA India and its officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns harmless from and against—and hereby waive any right to pursue—any claims of any nature arising in connection with PETA India’s use of the photos, text or other content or information submitted by you to PETA India and used in any manner in PETA India’s sole and absolute discretion.
Does PETA India use “cookies” on its websites?
How is information used in PETA India e-news?
You will only receive e-mail newsletters (e-news) from us if you have signed up for e-news on a PETA India website. The information we gather from subscribers to our e-news lists (including e-mail addresses) is not shared with other organisations or companies not affiliated with PETA India. From time to time, we may send out e-mail messages that include information about these like-minded organisations and companies, but we do not provide them with access to any personal information you have provided to us. If you live outside India and provide us with your contact details, we may share them with PETA India’s international affiliates in order to keep you apprised of developments in your part of the world. If you do not want your information to be given to PETA India’s international affiliates, please contact us at [email protected].
In order to provide you with better and more relevant information, we compile details about e-mail response and website usage. This information helps us to better understand site usage patterns as well as what types of content and information may help improve your user experience on PETA India’s websites.
All e-mail messages sent to e-mail newsletter subscribers contain a link to unsubscribe or to modify your profile. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to any e-news or e-mail communication from PETA India at any time.
If you have any questions about PETA India e-news, please e-mail [email protected].
How does PETA India protect my information?
PETA India is extremely protective of the information gathered from its members and through its website. Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. Our webserver is located in a locked, secure environment.
When you contribute to PETA India online, we use a secure server and encryption to protect your financial and other personal information during transmission.
Does PETA India rent, sell or trade my information?
PETA India occasionally makes the names and contact details of members available to reputable advocacy and non-profit organisations and commercial companies.
If you would like PETA India and its international affiliates to contact you using the information provided on this form to keep you updated on our campaigns and future activities, please click here to e-mail us your preferred contact details.
The easiest method to correct and/or change other information regarding your membership is by clicking here.
If you are not a PETA India member and you have provided personal contact information on our website through the methods listed above, your information will not be exchanged with organisations that are not affiliated with PETA India. If you live outside India, we may share your contact details with PETA India’s international affiliates in order to keep you apprised of developments in animal protection activities in your part of the world. Please e-mail [email protected] if you do not want your information to be shared in this manner.
You can also contact us at the following address and phone/fax numbers:
PO Box 28260
Juhu, Mumbai 400 049
[+91] 022-26367383 (fax)